Friday, September 20, 2013

Gag Me With Chocolate Covered Bacon...On A Stick

We went to the fair Friday afternoon. All we wanted to do was eat and check out the exhibits. There are some very talented textile artists out there, let me just tell you. Joshua was pushing me out the door because he wanted to get home, so I did not get any pictures. Oh well. He is still not 100% from his battle with The Eency Weency Brown Recluse Spider and subsequent hospital stay. His joints are achy and he is quickly fatigued. Two hours of walking around the fairgrounds did him in for the weekend.
Oh, but we did eat!  I had an obscenity of a corn dog and ribbon fries. Mr. Bubbles had fried ribs and chili-cheese ribbon fries. Joshua had fried ribs, too.
As we were leaving, we stopped and got a pecan roll for me, a cinnamon roll for each of the guys, and a Muddy Pig. A Muddy Pig is bacon on a stick which is covered with chocolate. Mr. Bubbles approves. To me it looked like something from a colon cleanse infomercial.

I even found some treats for Bug and Simon! Annie's Pooch Pops had a booth and I got a good sampling of several kinds of treats.

Bug's absolute favorite. Vanilla glazed chicken feet. She powered through one and just about ripped out Joshua's throat when he tried to take it from her. I am going to have to buy some chicken feet, slap some vanilla on them and bake until they are disgusting enough for Bug's yucky pallet. Food for dogs counts on this blog!


6 comments:

  1. Cat's and Bunnies too Brandi!Glad you had a good time,xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandi, Please tell Josh we want him at 250% at least. Are cooking herbs and spices that have medicinal properties okay to talk about? I am asking because I have heard that curry and some of the things in it - cumin and turmeric - can help joint aches and pains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if his joints are achy because of the residual effects of the toxin or if he is going through a growth spurt. He shot up about two inches the last couple of weeks and eats like, well, he eats like a teenaged boy going through a growth spurt.
      My grandmother made the best chicken curry! I also cook with cumin all the time as it goes in Spanish/red rice.
      Rachel, I have a round orange gourdish dish coming up just for the bunnies! I will also be posting about special homemade noms for exotic birds, with guest appearance from Clover, my parents' cockatoo.

      Delete
  3. Tumeric also helps in reducing the risk of prostate cancer to!can't wait Brandi,xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. .... so do finely chopped pears.

    ReplyDelete