Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Banana Pear Crumble!!

Ready for a creamy, crumbly treat? Rachel, who is the mum of my fur-nephew Speedy over at Speedy The Cheeky House Bunny Blog, sent a crumble recipe and said I could share! Now, I will share the recipe, but when you get a taste of this crumble, you will not want to share a spoonful with anyone!

"Here is my crumble recipe for you Brandi,xx Rachel"

Ingredients:

Oats or crumble topping.
2 or 3 Bananas ripe best.
6 pears ripe best.
3 cups of raisins or sultanas.
3 dessert spoons of Cuban rum (Club Havana), Captain Morgan's, or a brown Caribbean rum.
6 heaped dessert spoons of sugar.
3 teaspoons of allspice.
Pear Sauce or Apple sauce (for a quick cheat)

****For best flavour make pear sauce using canned Pears by draining off half the liquid then put the remainder in a blender or food processor.****

Method:

Chop up ripe pears and bananas and mix with your pear or apple sauce then add your sugar, allspice, and rum into the mixture. Pour the mixture into an oven dish. I then get my oats and mix a couple of dessert spoons of brown sugar and a teaspoon of allspice in with the oats and sprinkle a layer about a 1 cm thick on the top, then cook in a preheated oven at 350 F (180 C) for between 45 min to an hour.
Serve with vanilla custard, ice cream, or cream.

And don't forget to share a wee bit of the fresh banana and pear with your rabbitty-eared friends!



Thanks a million, Rachel! Kisses and Snorgles to my Speedy!

Arrrgh! I be likin' me 'nanners and snorgles!






2 comments:

  1. Hahaha that was quick Brandi,enjoy this scrummy comfort dessert,love ya,xx Rachel and Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speedy, I be likin' your Mum's crumble and your sweet picture. May the 'nanners be ripe and all the snorgles just right.

    ReplyDelete